General news and Game Status updates
MM_Needo
Site Admin

Early Access Release, Pricing and Roadmap

Post by MM_Needo » 08 Aug 2018, 09:42

As many of you know the development of Mechanic Miner was slowed down so much that we had to push the release of Early Access because of problems with an investment deal. Fortunately, the development of Mechanic Miner is now going smoothly, so last week we sat down to discuss the future development of Mechanic Miner in order decide a release date for Early Access. Here’s what we talked about:

So, because of the investment that we got we now have the necessary funding to actually develop a great amount of Mechanic Miner without the necessity of sales from Early Access. Essentially the investment is allowing us to take our time to create a much better and polished version of Mechanic Miner for Early Access release, which we believe is beneficial for the game in the long run.

On the other hand, we really want to do the Early Access release asap, so those in our community who really wanted to try out Mechanic Miner would get the chance to do so fairly soon. We truly believe that developing Mechanic Miner together with the community is the right way to do it (after all it’s you guys who’s going to play it) and getting more players through Early Access would surely benefit the amount of community feedback

In the end we chose the middle road and so we have decided to release Early Access of Mechanic Miner in February 2019, and until then drastically increase the scale of our closed alpha to get as many testers going as possible.

Giving us approximately 6 months before Early Access will allow us to add a lot of core features and content including an overhaul of the performance, Mod-support, Lootification, Multiplayer and more acts. You can read more about this in our new and revisited Roadmap.

We know this is really frustrating for all you guys who really hoped for Early Access to be released soon, but in the end, we’ll have to do what’s best for the game. At least now you’ll have a much higher chance of trying Mechanic Miner for free, since we plan on increasing the scale of the closed alpha drastically over the coming months.

On another notice, when Mechanic Miner hits Early Access in February it will be purchasable on Steam for 15€. This price is based on a comparison with similar games and the amount of content that will be in Mechanic Miner when it hits Early Access. After that, we plan to raise the price of Mechanic Miner as more content will be added.

Greetings
Team Mechanic Miner
Community Manager on Team Mechanic Miner

Thinzy

Re: Early Access Release, Pricing and Roadmap

Post by Thinzy » 08 Aug 2018, 11:00

Glad everything is going smoother! Great job guys!

Bugamashoo

Post by Bugamashoo » 08 Aug 2018, 16:30

I'm very excited to see this game develop and grow! I know it is gonna be a big success!

Lukatukikato

Post by Lukatukikato » 08 Aug 2018, 22:09

Thats the right decision! I'm sad it won't be available but I understand that a rushed game won't be benefecial for either one of us. Just hoping you'll send out more keys soon ;) Thanks for developing this game <3

Naeris

Post by Naeris » 16 Aug 2018, 06:46

about how long does it take most people to get a key i have been waiting a very long time