General Feedback and suggestions about Mechanic Miner
cjfoks

Gears and gear stuff

Post by cjfoks » 04 Mar 2018, 17:26

Because I don't have access to game so i'm not exactly sure how things work in it (so i'm mayby writing BStuff right now) but
from what i've seen in YT videos this game focus on mechanics and it seams to be missing one elementar thing: GEARS
This is how I imagine this could work:
-Gears would come in diffrent sizes from very small to as large as vehicle iron wheel and it could be used as such..
They could be used to change direction of rotation to spin for example two saw blades in different way using one engine. It would make possible to use one proppeler on front of vehicle and one on back. I know it possible to regulate engine speed but with gears it would be possible to change speed of one section of machine.
- Clutch gear it could be turned on and off with wires. It would be used to turn on and off sections so complicated machines they could be made using only one engine.
- Gear Rail block this would work as static railroad for trams, lifts and other or could move whole machine on static gear.

I hope i explained my idea without over complicating things. English isn't my native so sorry for bloobers.

MM_Needo
Site Admin

Re: Gears and gear stuff

Post by MM_Needo » 05 Mar 2018, 10:32

Hi cjfoks

Thanks for your suggestions. We actually had gears in the game, as you can see in the trailer (pictured below), but they are currently disabled. I like your touch on how the gears could work, adding much more functionality and options than what our current disabled gears have. If you're really crafty it's actually possible to make gears or/and gear rails in-game, but in a much larger scale.

Community Manager on Team Mechanic Miner