General Feedback and suggestions about Mechanic Miner
jbox1

Sensors! Logic!

Post by jbox1 » 02 May 2018, 10:26

Yes, more logic!

Ok, I don't want mechanic miner to turn into nimbatus, but I'd really like the ability to use automation to it's full potential. Plus, it's fun to smash enemies without fear of the fact you're standing right next to them!

Sensors
  • Angle Sensor
    The angle sensor measures the angle of a hinge. When the required threshold is met, set when it is being created, the sensor will give a logic output.
  • Distance Sensor
    The distance sensor isn't exactly a laser range finder! The sensor works much like a slider. When the required threshold is met, set when it is being created, the sensor will give a logic output.
  • Altitude Sensor
    The altitude sensor will measure the distance above sea level. This isn't very useful for land world, but it would be useful in an ocean world, where maintaining a set altitude would be very useful, or in a sky world, where maintaining a set altitude would be vital to staying aloft, and where the task is to grindy for the player to manage alone.
  • "Mesh" Sensor
    The mesh sensor acts similar to coupling blocks, but will give a logical output when there is the presence of an enemy, part, friendly, item, harvestable block, etcetra, etcetra, in it, or any connected mesh sensors. For extra complexity, the mesh sensor could be set to detect only a specific type of entity.
Logic Circuitry
  • Reverse converters
    The converter normally converts a logic output into a direction output. However, it would be very useful to have it work in reverse. By that I mean, a converter will accept a direction input, and will output a logic output when it receives a direction input matching it's own direction.
  • Wireless Transmitters
    The wireless transmitter will allow you to send wire signals, including directional signals, to other vehicles. It's only issue would be that it is as large as the control lever, so it can't be used (efficiently) on the same vehicle. This would be useful for remote control cars, and other vehicles.
  • Gates!
    OR, NAND, NOR, XOR, XNOR!
Player Input Circuitry
  • Buttons
    The button will give a logical output for 0.2 seconds, after it is given an input, similar to a lever.
  • Dials
    The dial will output a directional output and stay locked in that direction. This could be used along side the updated converters, to make complicated controls for machinery.
  • Advanced Input
    This is basically a lever, but has 4 outputs, for each of the keys on the keyboard. This allows for easy to do complex input.
Circuitry Control
  • Clutch
    The clutch will isolate two chain circuits, until it is given a logical input. This would work alongside gearboxes, which I will explain in a later post.
  • Valve
    Unlike the company, this will work three times. The valve will allow you to isolate pipe circuits, until it receives a logic input. This would be useful for disabling components without need for a separate wire for control, or for isolating components to conserve fuel.
Output Devices
  • Fixed Railgun
    The fixed railgun works like a regular railgun, but can't be aimed, or even triggered by the mouse. Instead, it will be triggered by logic inputs. This is useful for traps, base defense, automated vehicles, and other cool things.
  • Camera
    This one goes along with the transmitter. The camera will move the players perspective to the camera, or even do a PIP of the player, allowing for easy to use remote controlling of machines. It's only disadvantage would be a very high cost, a decent size, and it's fragility.
  • Servo
    The servo will control a hinge and will only move between 3 angles, depending on whether it's receiving a forward, backward, or no input. The angles can be adjusted when the servo is made.
Anyway, I hope you like my ideas! Please inform me of any additional information or further suggestions!
ImageBOX1

I take pride in filling up a forum!

23jhawk

Re: Sensors! Logic!

Post by 23jhawk » 02 May 2018, 21:38

Hmm I see you like logic :P
Mechanic Miner Discord Moderator
Global Moderator
I am a professional noob.

jbox1

Post by jbox1 » 03 May 2018, 09:55

23jhawk wrote:
02 May 2018, 21:38
Hmm I see you like logic :P
I really enjoy games that allow you to implement some level of automation, thus benefiting the players that are smarter or invest more time, not the players that have the most spastic reflexes (something I sorely lack XD)
ImageBOX1

I take pride in filling up a forum!

TheOnlyEthan

Post by TheOnlyEthan » 28 Jul 2018, 10:02

Nice ideas!
Discord mod

jbox1

Post by jbox1 » 28 Jul 2018, 10:44

TheOnlyEthan wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 10:02